Sunday, September 29, 2013

Happy 8th Birthday Alexi ....

8 years ago my life truly began. My life was rocked around, turned inside and out, and all sorts of crazy amazing. If I only knew what I was about to learn ....

I've learned that little things are not so little and they ARE a big deal. I've learned that your heart can explode with a simple smile and ache for a child's hurt. I've learned that questions need answers and curiosity can not be ignored. I've learned what it feels like to have a heart that is ever so full. I've learned that a sweet, sensitive and nurturing little soul has so much to offer the world. 

Most of all I've learned that you grow way too fast .... 

So today I will hold your hand, while you still let me. I will kiss you good bye while you still accept it. I will give you advice while you still ask. I will offer encouragement while you still want it. I will wipe your tears while you still need it. Perhaps most of all, I will hope and pray that you still let me for just a little bit longer. 

Happy happy 8th birthday sweet girl! Without a doubt you are my sunshine, my stars and my world. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips