Sunday, January 27, 2013

I am a princess ... long may I reign!

So today, I hear the new Disney channel commercial ... can you say I absolutely loved it.  Liked it so much that I had to you tube the video and write down the words to it.  Lexi was NEVER into the princess stuff and Carli was barely.  I have to admit, I was kind of glad they never got into it and never really encouraged it.  Who needs a prince to save the day ... they are strong, beautiful, independent girls and this is what I want them to believe.  Beauty is not in the crown or the dress or finding prince charming, it is in the heart.  It is in finding that beauty, that inner beauty and lighting up the world with it!

Here are the words to the commercial I love so much:

I am a princess
I am brave sometimes, I am scared sometimes
Sometimes I am brave even when I am scared.

I believe in loyalty and trust, 
I believe that loyalty is built on trust.

I try to be kind, I try to be generous
I am kind even when others are not so generous.

I am a princess.

I think standing up for myself is important, 
I think standing up for others is even more important,
but standing with others  is  most important.

I am a princess.

I believe compassion makes me strong,
kindness is power, 
and family is the tightest bond of all.

I have heard I am beautiful, 
I know I am strong.

I promise, 
and when I promise something, 
I never ever break that promise.

I am a princess.
Long may I reign.

1 comment:

  1. Love this poem, if I can call it that. I am copying it and going to put it up in Natalia's room! I was never a princess kind of girl myself and never pushed my daughter to be, but she fell in love with ariel at 3and a half so a princess girl she became...a sporty, fun, happy, Greek, Guatamalan, Irish princess. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips