Monday, January 14, 2013

my grandmother ... a sure hero

Heaven gained not only an angel this past weekend but an angel with amazing strength. My grandmother was one of the strongest woman I have and will ever meet. She was always positive ... right until the very end. I will always cherish the times I spent with her as a child. I have memories of making mud pies in her driveway, planting seeds in her HUGE garden and of course going to church with her. Let me tell you if you were at her house on Sunday, you were going to church, like it or not! Perhaps a favorite church memory was being ripped away from mud pie making to head to church ... wouldn't you know they asked my grandmother to have my sister and I carry communion up to the alter. Dirty shirts and all, we didn't have a choice. Grams may you continue to watch and guide over us, may you continue to smile upon us just as you did on earth, may you enjoy your heavenly life of no suffering and peace. May that beautiful, strong heart beat the loudest amongst the angels. One day we will meet again ...


Going up north in January sure makes for some cold weather!  On a positive note, Grams had the most beautiful service, it was exactly what she wanted! I also was able to see and visit with relatives that I have not seen in FOREVER.  











No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips