Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter breakfast, my plan ... You can do it too!


So, here is a plan for my Easter breakfast.  Thought I would put it out there now, in case I have some friends that would like time to shop.  I know I have plenty, as I usually get yelled at because I post after the fact.

I plan on doing it simple as we will be having brunch around 11-11:30.  My kids are still too little to totally skip breakfast and do it up at brunch, so I have a plan to go light for them for breakfast.

For the main breakfast ... bunny pancakes.  I will use a pancake for the face, cut a second one to look like a bow tie (just cut half of a circle off two sides, what you will have left will look like a bow tie).  You can use the pieces you cut off for the ears if you would like.  I plan to use cantaloupe for my ears ... my kids love fruit.  For the eyes, you can go sugary like jellybeans or the sort, I plan to use banana slices with maybe a blueberry pupil.  For the nose ... again, jelly beans, m&m's, hershey kiss all work great, I plan to use a strawberry cut in half.  I will use either jam or licorice for the mouth and whiskers and of course add a couple of marshmallows for teeth. Voila your easter bunny pancakes.

Now, just use a 3 tiered plate rack and put some other goodies on it.  I will decorate the plates with easter grass and put the goodies on top of it.  On one layer I am doing chocolate covered strawberries, hopefully dipped in orange dipping chips if I can find them easily or regular dipping chocolate (you can find in produce area of most stores) and add some Easter sprinkles.  As I type this, that sounds like a better idea.  I will also add some chocolate dipped marshmallows to that plate, and on another tier maybe some easter cookies (buy them even) and on the last tier some of those fun easter eggs we will be decorating tomorrow.

I also plan to bake some lemon bread with the girls tomorrow.  I will serve that to them at breakfast in little bunny shaped type dishes I found somewhere (can't remember where, as it was last year) I found adorable aprons for them at Target for $7 a piece.  I just had to!

I will put out a sign in an 8x10 easter colored frame.  Will attach the link below to the one I am using.  This came from Lady Bird Press, tell her Melisa sent you.  It's a printable and you will get it emailed to you almost immediately.  I paid $5 for it.  Just to mention, I buy little storage buckets and put all my holiday stuff in it.  I use things more than one year and never spend that much each year.  I keep up a collection.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/126442152/easter-printable-peeps-seasonal-art

Put out Easter cups, plates, napkins and spring colored plastic ware.  I bought paper plates, napkins, and bought some of those cute Easter cups with straws from Target.  Perfect little Easter table.

The night before we will leave carrots out for the bunny with this cute little sign.  Ciao bambino (www.ciaobambinodesigns.etsy.com) did this for me for $2.  So much quicker than doing one myself and for $2 you can't go wrong.  Email her and tell her Melisa sent you.  I am sure she will get one out to you as well for a measly $2!




Nothing too hard, too expensive and you all can do! You can find it all at Target, I am sure of it.  So when your little ones go down for bed tonight, get shopping.

Happy Easter everyone and have fun making all those memories that your little ones will always remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips